Friday, October 3, 2008

P116 Absolute Belief (AVeoA3009)

Habit 3: Absolute Belief
I played for a Sunday league team on Sunday (obvious) and I recall this incident clearly even though it happened a few months back.
We were playing against another team who fielded players much more experienced than us technically. We were being pinned back in our half in the first half as the opponents scored 2 goals.
During the half-time talk, our coach said this to us, "Do not be intimidated just because they are stronger physically and technically more advanced than all of you. You only need to tell yourself this, 'I can win this game!' and the game will be yours to win."
Fired up by the coach's words, our team managed to win the game 4-3 at the end of the game. Our coach then said this, as we gathered for a full-time talk, "Remember, you are your own enemy. If you don't believe in yourself, no one else would."
Till today, I remember his words of wisdom everywhere I go and have belief in my own abilities, be it on or off the soccer field.
- Leon Ng
3I

No comments: