Sunday, September 21, 2008

P101 Absolute Belief (AVeoA3001)

Habit 3: Absolute Belief
Being a NCC [Sea] cadet in PHS, I aspire to do well in it, and devoted a lot of my time into this CCA however, I was unsure of myself, as I was afraid that I would not be able to qualify for the challenge quest, where cadets are to be able to complete 50 standard push-ups and sit-ups both within a minute, and complete a 1km run and a standard obstacle course within 6 minutes, as I do not have much stamina, and compared to my other peers, I am considered quite a poor runner.
However, after learning the Inner Knight's 1st 8 habits, I started to implement this habit into my life, the habit of self-belief, where I tap into the power of my unconsciousness, and tell myself that I would be able to do it everyday just before I go to bed, and when I woke up, until the day of selection.
During the selection, our commanding officer, LTA Ash Ng took us and wanted all the secondary three cadets that are considered fit to compete in it. Surprisingly, I was the first to complete both my 50 push-ups and sit-ups, and we had a mini standard obstacle course, where my timing was second. These were all moral boosters for me before the last station, which was the 1km run. I kept telling myself that I could do it during the run, and guess what? I came in 3rd in the run, and was chosen to be in the team! What’s more, I was even made the team captain and had to train the other team members in preparation for the upcoming challenge quest! This was a very important thing that happened to me in my life, and I am very happy to have succeeded in it, and most importantly, to have succeeded by using one of the habits taught to me during the training sessions.
- Jason Tan
3 Grace (PHS 08)

No comments: